"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New experiences

I sent an email to Daichela and Jose and their family through the sponsorship organization a few months ago and told them I might be visiting this summer. It’s been a while since I’ve received any letters from them but I’m sure they’re as excited as I am for the visit.

I’m really looking forward to seeing them for the first time and getting to know them better.

I’ve learned that while visiting I may get to take them on an outing to a museum with the agency staff and even possibly take them on a small shopping trip.

Though going to a museum and shopping is something I have done with my children, I’m almost certain this will be new experiences for these two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm trying to pull together a trip next year to visit my kids and I love hearing about other sponsor trips!