"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Thursday, February 24, 2011

And then there were two

I knew when we initially sponsored Daichela that she had a younger brother and I was curious if he actually had a sponsor himself. The representative said that her brother was only two and the children really needed to be three years old before they could be entered into the sponsorship program. I asked if there was any way to be given the opportunity to sponsor him as well when he turned three.

Well, fate brought Daichela to us, and then fate brought us her brother, José, too. He turned three only a few weeks after the conversation with the representative.

A month later we had a photo of our newest little sponsored child and he was absolutely adorable! Everything we had been doing for Daichela through sponsorship we would from then on be doing for him as well.

I really hoped that by helping support the two small children of this family that it would relieve a small amount of pressure this single mother must feel trying to raise her two young children with scarce resources.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great news!

Anonymous said...

How nice! I've often wondered what it's like to sponsor siblings...and it will be nice to know that all the kids in the family are being well taken care of! Kudos.

Anonymous said...

That's great to know, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's great that you are sponsoring two from one family. That probably doubles the benefit. So far I've only sponsored one from a family, but if I find out that another kid needs to be sponsored, and if I have the means, I might consider it.

Anonymous said...

What a great story.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing and caring to sponsor both children.

Anonymous said...

I seem to end up with siblins too! I want them to have the same benefits.