"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Friday, August 12, 2011

Take a deep breath...

A few of the main concerns while visiting the Dominican was the risks of sickness from consuming anything when there are poor water conditions as well as contracted viruses from mosquitos. So during our visit we were very conscious of the water we were drinking and making sure to use insect repellant.

During one of the home visits I happened to notice an insect on an open wound of one of the adults that was living in poor conditions. I realized quickly after that I apparently can trigger my own anxiety levels. I pretended not to notice the insect and while talking to the adult tried as hard as I could to calm myself down and have it not be too noticeable.

It took a little longer than I anticipated overcoming the lightheadedness but I don't think anyone noticed. :)

No comments: