"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Letters each month

Hello Dear Mr. & Mrs. Nieman,
This is Kelmia writing on behalf of your sponsored child, Daichela. The child is very happy to be able to write you for telling you what activities and places she likes the most. She likes to eat ice cream. She likes to attend school. Her favorite subject is Math. She likes to share with her friends. What catches her attention the most and what she likes most is to ride bikes. She likes to be friendly and overall helpful at home. She likes to do her homework in the house. Thank you for everything you do for your sponsored child!
With much affection, says bye.
-Daichela and her aunt, Kelmia

I’m so very glad I got to meet them in person this summer. What a blessing that was!

Hello Dear Mr. & Mrs. Nieman,
This is Quircia writing on behalf of your sponsored child, Jose Rene. The child is very happy to be able to write you for telling you what activities and places he likes the most. He likes to watch cartoons and to play with toy truck because his dad is a driver and he would like to be like him. We lovely (lovingly) call Jose Rene as Renesito. He likes to play and to share with his sister Daichela and his cousin Sayeris. His favorite sport is baseball. Also, he loves eating. Thank you for everything you do for your sponsored child!
With affection, says bye.
-Jose Rene and his aunt, Quircia


All of the letters I receive from Daichela and Jose make me smile, but Jose’s letters always make me think of my own son. They share a lot of similarities. When my son was Jose’s age his favorite things seem to be very similar to the things Jose likes now. My son and Jose also coincidentally share the same birthday which I think is a great twist of fate.

I've actually started getting letters almost monthly, which is a great surprise.

No comments: