"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In her own hand

Two very special letters arrived today!

Dear Mrs. Nieman,
Thank you, dear Wendy for your letter. José got really happy to hear what was written in your letter. We took him to eat ice cream. He is learning to distinguish the colors and the saying them. He likes a lot to paint.
-Saying bye with lots of blessings for all of you and your family, Felipe, grandmother of Jo

I’m so happy these children take the time to write to their sponsors and so very grateful to the family members that write the letters for the children that are too small to write their own.

Hello Wendy,
I hope you are doing well. I want to give you thanks for always keeping me in mind. I will give your regards to my family. I love you so much and will continue studying very hard because I want to pass of grade.
-With so much love and affections say bye, Daichela

I got so excited while reading Daichela’s letter. This was the first time that she had written her own letter to me in her own handwriting. So very special!

Note: All of the letters I receive from Daichela and Jose are written in Spanish and one of the staff members from the child sponsorship organization translates them to English below the original letter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both letters are very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Daichela loves you a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

Ice cream and a letter from his sponsor. Sounds like a great day for José :) And a touching letter from Daichela. Great day for you :)

Anonymous said...

Nice mail day.

Anonymous said...

What great letters! That's fantastic that Daichela wrote her first letter! That's such an exciting day and they write the sweetest letters.

Anonymous said...

Lovely letters.

Anonymous said...

Yaa, Jose is learning his colors and Dachiela is writing her own letters--congratulations to them and you, these are wonderful educational milestones.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to get two letters in one day. That is especially so when you get the first in the child's own hand. I got one like that recently from a child I'm group-sponsoring in Zambia. We were able to get him into school (couldn't afford it before) and it was a very special thing to get his own first letter. So many of CI's children wouldn't be able to go to school without sponsorship, or the odds would be stacked against them. I'm so glad we are part of this organization.