"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bring on the waterworks

Some of the best comments and responses I’ve gotten from my posts have been from other child sponsors telling me of their own trip to visit their sponsored children.

Reading their words is so encouraging and also a bit eye opening too.

They tell me how excited the kids are to see their sponsors and how friendly everyone in the Dominican Republic is. One sponsor said when she arrived in the village the whole neighborhood came out to greet her. A few have mentioned that there is no other experience like it in the world and that I will be in tears at times because experience is so powerful.

Hmmm… I get teary eyed at the drop of a hat, so this should be very interesting.

On a separate note, I received a letter recently telling me the Easter donation I provided purchased a new Easter blouse for Daichela and a collared shirt for Jose. I bet they looked beautiful on Easter morning.

God’s blessings to you and your families this Easter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get teary eyed very easily as well! Reading these blogs is so touching to me, and it is hard to hold it back when people share the sweet letters from their sponsored children. I dream of being able to visit my own some day. Peace&Love! :)

Anonymous said...

Tears happen a lot... mostly happy tears.