"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Friday, March 18, 2011

Now the wait

Plans to visit Daichela and José in the Dominican Republic have started to come together. I’m almost finished with the handful of preventive shots and I’ve got my passport and travel plans ready. The hard part will be the wait until I leave.

I’m really starting to get excited about going! Being able to go to another country will definitely be an experience for me.

I wrote to Daichela and José last week and mentioned to them that I was working on arrangements to come visit them. 

I wonder if they’ll be as excited as I am.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they will be. What a great trip. I wish I could visit my girls, but for now it is nice to hear about trips by other sponsors. Hope your day comes quickly.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

Oh they definitely will be!! I'm glad things are coming along so nicely!

Anonymous said...

Heck yeah they will be! Think about it, how many kids have people come from other countries just to spend time with them? I think any kid would be hopping about that :-D

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip, I am excited for you.

Anonymous said...

When are you leaving? I am sure that they will be so excited to see you and are probably counting down the days! I hope to see four children this summer who live in Colombia. I just received my passport but no shots yet! I hope to hear more about your trip! God bless.

Anonymous said...

The people of the Dominican are so friendly. This will be my third trip. I'm going in July this time (last times were Dec. & Jan.). Expect it to be VERY hot and humid. Loose clothing and a hat or visor is good. I sent my children a calendar so that they could mark the days off until I get there. Are you travelling alone? where are you staying? So many questions, I know. If I can be of any help with answers....ask away. You will have an amazing time. They are extremely excited NO DOUBT! The whole neighborhood comes out when you arrive. It is the MOST rewarding thing I have ever done. Enjoy your time. It is so precious.