"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher

Monday, March 7, 2011

Building excitement

I received new photos of Daichela and José early in the fall and it was hard for me to believe how much they’d already grown since the initial photos.

As I continued to get acquainted with this family through short letters, I began to wonder if it would actually be possible to meet these two beautiful children that lived more than 2000 miles away.

With the help of my pastors and the sponsorship representative we considered the possibility of a trip to the Dominican Republic in the summer of 2011. There would be a few months of planning to get a group organized, and plenty of things I needed to take care of beforehand (like precautionary immunizations and a passport) but the opportunity was gaining steam and I was starting to get very excited.

What would I say to them if I actually got to meet them face to face? Better yet, what would they say to me?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I hope you are able to make your trip! I'm sure it will be wonderful and I'm sure meeting your sponsored children will be an experience like nothing else! I've never made a visit but I've heard from other sponsors who have and everyone has had a great time and a very powerful experience meeting their children!

Anonymous said...

How EXCITING! Thats awesome that your pastor is willing to help. You will have to post a blog all about it so you can share with all of us here on lift one. As far as what to say, I bet once you see looking into their beautiful eyes it will just all come to you. I have never made a visit. Its my dream to but right now I cant. I look forward to hearing all about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

Very cool I am excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow planning a visit must be very exciting. I hope one day as well to visit Santo Domingo. Good luck and enjoy your trip when its time.

Anonymous said...

There will be so many hugs and smiles and tears that words are not needed. Wendy, mom to my 2 boys hugged me so much and so tight that I had bruised ribs for real! I could barely turn over in bed it hurt so much. But well worth it!!!!